Thursday, December 25, 2008

How Did We Get Here?

Do you wonder, "How did I get here" and "Where am I going?" Depending on your religion of choice we are celebrating a number of incredible miracles.

For Jews it's the lighting of 8 candles for a miracle. For Kwanzaa celebrators ( a holiday created in America for African-Americans)  it's the lighting of candles over seven days to signify the miracle of a different struggle. For Christians it's a single star of Bethlehem. Other religions and sects celebrate a variety of miracles at different times of the year.

So, the big miracle is 'how did I get here?" and I'm not talking about your physical birth but instead the reason for your existence and "Where am I going?" is the question of continuation. For some, they claim they got here on a starship. For others, they are leaving on a starship. Then of course there are those who believe there is nothing but the NOW.

I happen to know the answer to both these questions...

But, I would love to know YOUR philosophical, spiritual and/or any other answers your mind has entertained on this mystery besides just an answer GOD.

1 comment:

Paula and Elwood's Poetic Palace said...

I wish you a very blessed New Year Lauren. May you smile as wide and as often as you make your fans smile.


Shay