Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lost - The New Reality Life Show

There is such a commingling of firstlife and secondlife for me I am drifting in a state of near delusional happiness. On one side of the looking glass I am Lauren, comedienne, actress, mother and friend. On the other side, I am completely different.

But thoughts collide. An episode of Lost showed Freckles jumping up into the waiting arms of Jack her legs entwined around his waist, arms around his neck. (If you don't know the tv show Lost just think of the image) So, I think to myself (hmmmm can I think to someone else....redundancy abounds....Where is John Galt?)

There are many heavy women. I mean from 175lbs and up. They've grown up with the same imagery as the skinny ones. One day, I'll marry and he'll carry me over the threshold. NOT. I mean how many men are there that can catch Rosie O'Donnell, Meg Whitman, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey? So, what do you do when you confront the issue as a woman? (Men, do you stand there with your new 200 lb bride, at the threshold to your new home and wonder?) What is the proper ratio of weight to allow for a Hollywood entrance to your new home?

And, here I am in FirstLife with so many responsibilities which I have accepted yet I would never do in SecondLife. And, there are many things I cannot do in SecondLife that I love doing in FirstLife. Cooking is one of them.

And my friends in SL often are closer to me emotionally then those of FL and I find I simply want to digitize. The odd part of that is so many of you reading this would understand and so many of those I know in FL would simply decide to call the Pyschomobile to come whisk me away.

Things that standout for example. FirstLife - If a guy orders a drink with an umbrella, has a girly sounding name, is pink etc. that would be considered a violation of all that is holy (and connotes either being gay or never going to get a lay). SecondLife - it is either drunk from the bottle or has an umbrella. The guys eat 'candied apples' and the girls drink Jack without coke.

Within our SL one goes shopping and can either (in voice...or....chat) listen to what the other shoppers are saying. You can stop and linger. Listen and not be intruding. Hearing other peoples worlds and dreams. Try that in FL and see what happens.

So, Lost......Lost in Space.....Lost (the Island)..........Lost Vegas.........are we lost, found or do you have another thought?

No comments: